Web-admin no longer accepting password

Allgemeine Fragen zu Problemen. Keine Fehlerberichte oder Feature-Anfragen

Moderator: Securepoint

Antworten
TheWojtek

Web-admin no longer accepting password

Beitrag von TheWojtek »

Black Dwarf UTM running build 11.8.3.1 with direct ethernet connection to the Internet (DHCP client).
Ports exposed to the Internet: 80, 443, 1723 (all are mapped to an OS X Server running Mojave and native OS X VPN Server)
No AD/LDAP integration
Approximately a week after last login to the web admin interface, the user/password combinations for web admin users ceased to work.
There are no typos in neither user nor password (both my web admin users' credentials are stored for autofill in Chrome)

SSH login to UTM works OK (all allowed users).

Update to 11.8.4 executed via SSH didn't change anything.

Looking for a non-destructive, no-reinstallation way to reset the passwords and regain access to Web Admin interface.

TIA

Schmitti

Beitrag von Schmitti »

Hi, TIA,

what's the IP of the Internal Network Interface of the UTM and which address are you exactly typing into your browser to access the web interface?

Greets

Schmitti

TheWojtek

Beitrag von TheWojtek »

Local address for the UTM is 192.168.0.1 (I have a 192.168.128-254 DHCP pool set up on the Dwarf).
All of my computers connect successfuly with https:// to the web interface no matter if I use the IP or the internal DNS (router.mynetwork) - of course there is the certificate mismatch, but this has been taken care of, as an exception to certificate validation is added for both the DNS name and IP address).
The problem shows up when the users are not granted access from the login screen on.

TheWojtek

Beitrag von TheWojtek »

I don't know if anyone from Securepoint does read this, but I find this situation, lack of interest and explanation highly unacceptable in case of a €900 device. 

Petasch

Beitrag von Petasch »

It sound‘s like you dont use Port 11115 to Connect to your utm

TheWojtek

Beitrag von TheWojtek »

You're better than my own memory. Absolutely yes, this was a case of lack of the port in the URL and I stand corrected. [SOLVED]

Antworten