Securepoint DYNDNS and pfsense issues

Allgemeine Fragen zu Problemen. Keine Fehlerberichte oder Feature-Anfragen

Moderator: Securepoint

Antworten
lukefun

Securepoint DYNDNS and pfsense issues

Beitrag von lukefun »

Hi everyone,
I signed up Securepoint DYNDNS as my free ddns service which I'm going to use in pfsense to then setup and export an OpenVPN client setup file.
I need to work a couple of issues out.

1)This my dashboard's dd-host webpage screenshot :

https://funkyimg.com/view/34nTU

I don't know what I have to set in the "IP" box. It says "The ip address which will return when your host name will be dissolved." I'm probably missing something here, but which IP should I set "to return to"? I don't have a public static IP?

2) I didn't understand how to set it up properly in my pfsense dynDNS setup page. I can't set my username because an error message say "The username contains invalid characters.", but my Securepoint DYNDNS username account happens to be just my email address which of course has "Invalid" characters. Here is a screenshot:

https://funkyimg.com/view/34nVB

Could you please help me figure this out?
Thanks

kennethj
Beitrag von kennethj »

Hi,
I don't know what I have to set in the "IP" box. It says "The ip address which will return when your host name will be dissolved." I'm probably missing something here, but which IP should I set "to return to"? I don't have a public static IP?
You can enter your current dynamic IP Address in this field.
2) I didn't understand how to set it up properly in my pfsense dynDNS setup page. I can't set my username because an error message say "The username contains invalid characters.", but my Securepoint DYNDNS username account happens to be just my email address which of course has "Invalid" characters. Here is a screenshot:
I would recommend to use an Update Token for the host. Here is a link Howto activate this token https://wiki.securepoint.de/SPDyn/Updatetoken ( The Howto is in german, but the pictures help to activate it)

After you activate the Update Token, the Username is the Hostname and Password is the Token.
For example:
username: myhost.spdns.org
hostname: myhost.spdns.org
password: my-token-is-awesome

greetings,
Kenneth

lukefun

Beitrag von lukefun »

Ok,
I set Securepoint DYNDNS in my pfsense machine, set also the token I created as password. My Ip address appears in green in pfsense's Dynamic DNS Clients list, so it seems to be working now.
I am going to test it with OpenVPN, if Igo through a few other issues, I'll let you know.
Thank you very much indeed

Greetings
Luke

lukefun

Beitrag von lukefun »

Last thing last,
I had to click "Save and update" in pfsense to force my dynamic public Ip update because it was still red and showed the old one, as a result OpenVPN didn't work. After I forced the update my new IP appeared in my securepoint dashboard too. I thought that my IP was updated automaticaly.
Thanks

Antworten